St. Angela Merici Parish Update July 3, 2020
Happy 4th of July! I hope it was safe and sane.
As you may know, Sunday Mass in the Church and weekday Mass in the Hall has resumed at the usual times. Please remember you are not required to attend Mass; Bishop Vann has granted dispensation from the obligation to attend Sunday Mass until further notice. Per the Governor, there is a limit of 100 people in the Church and 100 in the Hall. Holy Communion will be given in the hand as the Bishop has strongly discouraged reception of Communion on the tongue to avoid the potential spread of the Covid Virus. Before receiving Communion, please sanitize your hands, then receive the Host in your hand and step six feet aside before lifting your mask to consume the consecrated Host. Holy Communion must be consumed immediately after receiving. Because we are only averaging 70 to 80 people at Mass, it is no longer necessary to get a ticket before Mass. Just follow the directions of the ushers and line up to enter the church. After the church has been sanitized, the doors will be opened.
Drive up Communion: If you are over the age of 65, or sick, or someone in your home is sick, or you have a pre-existing health condition, or you’re concerned about your health; you’re encouraged to view the weekend Mass on-line and then drive to St Angela’s to receive Holy Communion. The Sunday 7:45am Masses will usually be live streamed. Just pull into the parking lot and park near the lunch table area. When the Eucharistic Minister arrives, get out of your vehicle to receive Communion. Please wear a mask and sanitize your hands before receiving Holy Communion. Communion for drive ups will be available after each regularly scheduled Sunday Mass has ended from 6-6:15pm Saturday, 8:45-9, 10:30-10:45, 12:15-1pm, 1:45-2pm and 6:00-6:15 Sunday. Please exit the parking lot onto Fir and not Walnut.
Mass in the Church: When attending Mass in the Church or Hall, please do the following:
- Per the Bishop’s request, while on Church property please wear a mask.
- There will only be one entrance to the Church and Hall – the side door off the plaza in the back of the Church near Walnut and the main Hall doors off of the plaza. You can exit through any door except the one you entered from.
- Please follow the direction of the ushers as they direct you to your seat. The pews to either side of the main aisle will mostly be used for families of 3 or more. The side pews will be mostly used for couples and singles. A group of 5 or more will be given an entire pew on one of the side sections.
- Ushers will direct you when to receive Communion row by row starting in the front of the church. Once you have received Holy Communion, please return to your pew.
- Per the recommendation of the Diocese, please avoid singing to reduce the potential spread of the Coronavirus. If you do sing, please do so in a soft voice as a precautionary measure.
- If you have any questions, please see a staff member or usher wearing an orange vest and they will gladly assist you. After Mass has concluded, please wait for an usher to dismiss your row, and then go directly to your vehicle. Social gathering before or after Mass should be avoided. Please remember the importance of safe distancing and wearing your mask at all times. Your hands should be sanitized on the way into Mass and as you leave.
For additional information and to view Sunday Masses and more, please visit us online at:
Again, we look forward to sharing in the Eucharist with all of you as soon as possible. In the meantime, please be assured of our love and prayers.
Sincerely in Christ,
Fr. Dave, Fr. Francis, Fr Dan, Fr. Bruce, Deacon Ben, and Deacon Mike